The Artisan Rising Film Evaporator is a vertical shell & tube heat exchanger generally used as a flash evaporator reboiler or pre-heater designed to remove most of the volatile components prior to stripping.
- Feed enters tube-side from the bottom of the evaporator. As the feed is heated, a rising film is formed on the tube wall, while most of the tube cross-sectional area is occupied by the vapor generated
- The ascending force of vapor bubbles, carries the liquid and vapor upwards in parallel flow. As the vapor expands, a “climbing” film forms on the tube walls. This co-current upward movement against gravity has the beneficial effect of creating a high degree of turbulence in the liquid. This is advantageous during evaporation of highly viscous materials and products that have a tendency to foul the heat transfer surfaces.
- Chemical Industry
- Food products
- No pump is required
- Ideal for liquids which attain high viscosity and tend to foul.
- Suitable for high temperature application.
- Better steam economy as compared to falling film evaporator.
- Low capital cost.
- Versatility to change to forced circulation type evaporator if product behavior is likely to change.
- Easy removal of deposits can be achieved by increasing feed rate or reducing heat input.
- Special designs of vapor separators for foaming products are available.