Devolatizing Solution Polymers
Desolventizing and deodorizing solution polymers.
Artisan’s patented falling film disc and tube Evaporator/Strippers™ can effectively desolventize and strip to low PPM levels a variety of solution polymers in a single pass, without product degradation. The Evaporator/Stripper’s high mass transfer capability greatly reduces stripping steam. Product quality is enhanced since stripping is carried out as a thin film, in a single pass.
- Reducing toluene in a heat sensitive epoxy resin polymer from 50% to less than 200 PPM in a single pass.
- Continuous removal of residual styrene monomer from copolymer, from 3000 PPM to 8 PPM.
- Continuous removal of ethyl acetate from photographic dye dispersion.
- Continuous removal of high boiling volatiles from soap based latex emulsions.
- Continuous removal of vinyl chloride monomer from aqueous copolymer emulsion.